Clayhanger Guest House believes your data is a precious commodity and know it is your right to total transparency and control on how we use it. We have implemented strong data privacy and security safeguards to ensure that you’re protected to the best extent we can.
This policy outlines what data we collect, how we use it and the safeguards we put in place to protect it.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns or wish to request access to the data we hold on you
We’re committed to your data privacy and security. As such we give you these promises:
- We will only collect data about you that is relevant and necessary
- Your data will only be held on systems that meet compliance standards
- Your data will only be accessed by those who need it and we will minimise the amount of data that is processed, wherever possible
- We won’t share or sell your data to any third party unless either you have agreed, we are required to share it by law or we need to fulfil our service commitments to you through a third party that meets our own privacy standards
- We will always remember that it is your personal data, not ours. As such we will ensure complete transparency and openness with you
- We respect your rights as outlined in the next section and will respond to all requests promptly
You have the following rights over any data Clayhanger Guest House holds about you:
- Right to object to processing at any time
- Right to opt out of marketing at any time
- Right to have inaccurate data corrected
- Right to erasure of personal data from our database (unless we’re legally obliged to keep it)
- Right to export of personal data
We collect information about you in two key ways:
- Passive – you give us information on our website, email us, call us, meet one of us at events or meetings or approach us on social media
- Proactive – this is data about you that we may hold from referrals, resellers or proactive marketing activity
We try and minimise the personal data held on you. Typically, this is restricted to:
- Your personal contact details– email address, phone numbers, business related social media page such as LinkedIn, source of your data and legal reason for the holding of your information
- Your company details– as above but also address, website and other public held information including credit rating and invoicing details if relevant
- Transmitted information– such as emails, texts, messaging, phone call information and recordings, voice mails, email, meeting notes and document tracking information
We make it policy not to connect any social media feeds or store any social media you may post to our systems, with the exception of private messages.
Data is stored on encrypted systems on-premise and on hosted cloud services such as Microsoft Office 365 and Google GSuite, in transit and at rest. As such, some data will either be in UK and EU data centres or on US based servers that are covered by Privacy Shield Agreements. We regularly review suppliers for data security compliance to ensure your data is safe and track where your data is held.
We use your data to market to you, fulfil contractual arrangements or for agreed purposes. Calls may be recorded for information holding, quality and training purposes. Our email, document management and website analytics are used for information purposes and to track breaches of copyright. All our processes are mapped and are subject to various internal policies to ensure that your data privacy and security.
Our data retention policy is as follows:
- 12 months for any prospect marketing data unless responded to by the data subject in which case 36 months from the last contact
- 12 months following the end of any Service Agreement with a client
- 12 months for all supplier, reseller or other contacts not covered above from point of last contact
All the above are carried out during the nearest data review which are typically carried out annually in the month of April.
Every email sent from Clayhanger Guest House allows you to opt out of receiving emails from us, except for the purposes of fulfilling any contractual arrangements.
You can also send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to opt out, view, export or delete your data.
If you request for your data to be deleted, your name and email address will be added to an exceptions list and all other data removed.
We will never share or sell your personal data for marketing purposes with third parties.
We will only share information where agents, resellers or suppliers are involved in the delivery of your service. In such cases we will first try and anonymise the data, or minimise it to the fullest extent possible.
Our website and other materials sent to you may contain links to other third party websites. We’re not responsible for the content or your data privacy on these sites.
Kevin Jiang is responsible for maintaining and implementing the Privacy Statement and Policy on behalf of Clayhanger Guest House. He carries out an annual review of the policy to verify it is in effective operation.
Please refer to the Version Control Section on Page 3 of this document.